Tuesday 15 February 2005

Renault 5 GT Turbo conversion - Febuary 2005

Febuary | March | April | May | June | September | October | Goto 2006


07 feb - After slogging my guts out all day I have finally got the car on the wheels with no jacks, everything nicley tacked in place. Now I need to take all the maechanics out complete the welds and add some reinforcement.In case you're wondering why there's apicture of me.. well I'm not sure either...


wheres my image? wheres my image?


09 feb - A little more welding practise was the order of the day for me. Now that I'm happy with the alignment I've took out the rear chassis & shocks ready to start reinforcement. Hopefully on Saturday I should get a whole day on it !!


wheres my image? wheres my image?
wheres my image? wheres my image?


12 feb - I really feel I've got the hang of this welding lark now, which is a good job as there's plenty more to do. I've now fully welded each side of the turrets and have started fabrication on the strengthening around them, after so much happening in a short space of time progress seemed really slow but it has to be done!! Oh one thing to bare in mind either buy yourself a vice or wear steel toecaps as you can see by the photo, I didn't realise I was milimeters from my big toe till after I'd cut the steel :)


wheres my image? wheres my image?


22 feb - A continuation of strengthening cutting little bits of metal and going through plasma grinding discs like no tomorrow. I've gone through my first reel of wire and bottle of gas today no major feat I know but shows how much welding is involved!!
27 feb - Had the weekend off and went down to the Historic Motorsport Event in Stonleigh and came back with allsorts of crazy ideas about putting a cosworth engine in, despite this I decided it would be best to get the 5 engine first and see how it performs.


wheres my image? wheres my image?
wheres my image?


Febuary | March | April | May | June | September | October | Goto 2006

No comments: