Thursday 15 September 2005

Renault 5 GT Turbo conversion - September 2005

Febuary | March | April | May | June | September | October | Goto 2006


28 September - Finally I had chance to get back on with the project, we've unpacked and our lives are returning to normal! As normal as they were before we moved that is. As you can see from the picture the car is in the garage with plenty of work space around it, the move from the old garage was quite straight forward with only a little scraping as the car was pulled onto the trailer due to the front riding on bump stops as good as it looks I think 8.5cm to the lowest point is a little too low!!
Today I got the rollcage in again just to make sure the plates were the correct size, I also tacked them in place ready for welding once the cage was out. For anyone wanting to know the thickness of the plate it is 1.5mm mild steel although the MSA competitors rule book does say 3mm I also have 3mm plates for underneath the mounting points which therefore meets the requirements is I ever want to do some form of motorsport, the minimum squared area is 120mm which I have exceeded with my plates.
wheres my image?


Febuary | March | April | May | June | September | October | Goto 2006

No comments: