Tuesday 15 March 2005

Renault 5 GT Turbo conversion - March 2005

Febuary | March | April | May | June | September | October | Goto 2006


3 Mar - Finally I have a vice!! this has just made creating the fiddly bit sooo much easier.. I have now finished strengthening around the back of the strut towers
wheres my image? wheres my image?
wheres my image?


7 Mar - Just trimmed around the bottom of the box sections for the struts to allow clearance was going to mount the subframe in place but had no 21mm spanner to undo the strut tops to release the springs to check full travel


5 Mar - Busy day today with lots done built up strengthening around the base of the strut towers to provide extra strength and stability to them and much of the chassis rail that has been cut, also I have added triangular bits to aid this. I have now got to integrate the chassis rail to the rest of the welding.
wheres my image? wheres my image?
wheres my image? wheres my image?
wheres my image?


8 Mar - After searching 4 tool shops I finally found a 21mm crank spanner to fit the strut top only to find that the allen key slot has split on both struts so to check the clearance between the driveshaft and box sections I had to angle grind the 2 springs.. so I'm on the look out for a pair of shocks and springs!!
Everything cleared nicely so I can finish off the strengthening I also had a little look at how I would mount the intercooler getting a head of myself I know :) but I recon it'll be time to clean up and start sealing/painting by the end of the weekend!!
wheres my image? wheres my image?
wheres my image? wheres my image?
wheres my image? wheres my image?


13 Mar - today was spend on part one of closing the existing box section of chassis member, as it was a box section and I had took quite a chunk out it was now time to close it all up and add strength today was spent attaching an angled to the underside which will form part of the bridge between the cut chassis member, well I bought the paint but have decided to hold off until I have the car rolling at least just in case of any last minute changes..
wheres my image? wheres my image?
wheres my image?


18 Mar - I have now completed work on the box section I just hope there is enough clearance however if not I do have alternative ideas and space to build upwards to provide the strength if I need to gain anymore height, in addition I may lower the sub frame slightly which in turn will give more clearance and a more horizontal driveshaft when standing
wheres my image? wheres my image?


Febuary | March | April | May | June | September | October | Goto 2006

No comments: