Tuesday 23 September 2008

The Fuel Tank
Yes that is a jerry can, It was the cheapest way I could find to create a fuel tank.I simply bought a length of 10mm steel tube from B&Q and drill three holes - one for the feed, one for the return and one for a breather. I have used this tank with no problems and as you can image the original design of the jerry can is to be a robust way of transporting flammable liquids so safety isn't an issue. I'll post a guide on the various stages of mounting and creating the tank later. The only thing missing is a fuel sender although I know roughly how many miles I can do from a tank - usually about 80 miles :)
A mock up
After a day of cutting out metal from the rear of the car, I could resist putting the subframe in situ just to see what it looked like in the back, at this point I had a very long way to go!!
Homemade Coilovers
This is one of my homemade coilovers using a kit bought from Rally Design, the cheapest coilovers retail for around £300 for a pair, this cost me £30 plus a pair of springs (less than £20) . Providing you don't weld the kits on too aggressively they are reusable on another set of shocks - when I get the money I'll by a set of uprated dampers and convert them. I'll post a guide of how to convert shock absorbers later
Posted by Picasa

No comments: